5 Tips for Photographing Children
When photographing children, keep it simple, gentle and fun
- Choose the best time of day for the child(ren’s) nap schedules, energy levels and dispositions.
- Find an uncluttered background so that the subject(s) will be the focal point.
- Choose the best lighting and if necessary, move the subject (s) for the best lighting results. Indoors: Diffused window lighting. Outdoors: Early in the day, late in the day, NOT noon.
- Create a fun, playful environment that is personality and age appropriate.
- Allow subjects the time to relax and become connected with eachother.